One of the nicest Bust Halves I've seen in awhile... — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

One of the nicest Bust Halves I've seen in awhile...

1823 PCGS CAC MS66 that brought 70k! in Legend's PCGS NOLA sale. Drop dead amazing color on top of blazing surfaces. Part of the late Dale Friend collection - he had a wonderful eye and you could see why he put this coin away.

I miss Dale.

Comments

• 1823 PCGS CAC MS66 that brought 70k! in Legend's PCGS NOLA sale. Drop dead amazing color on top of blazing surfaces. Part of the late Dale Friend collection - he had a wonderful eye and you could see why he put this coin away. I miss Dale. 
    I was the lucky winner and feel fortunate to be able to add it to my collection- my one and only mint state CBH

• 1823 PCGS CAC MS66 that brought 70k! in Legend's PCGS NOLA sale. Drop dead amazing color on top of blazing surfaces. Part of the late Dale Friend collection - he had a wonderful eye and you could see why he put this coin away.

I miss Dale. 

I was the lucky winner and feel fortunate to be able to add it to my collection- my one and only mint state CBH

Congrats on adding another impressive coin to your already impressive collection. :)
  • Coinbuf said:
    1823 PCGS CAC MS66 that brought 70k! in Legend's PCGS NOLA sale. Drop dead amazing color on top of blazing surfaces. Part of the late Dale Friend collection - he had a wonderful eye and you could see why he put this coin away. I miss Dale. 
    Congrats on adding another impressive coin to your already impressive collection. :)
    Thank you very much!
  • I was wondering what that went for .    Definitely an amazing coin.     Congratulations 🍾 
  • Beautiful! Congrats Facelifter!

• 1823 PCGS CAC MS66 that brought 70k! in Legend's PCGS NOLA sale. Drop dead amazing color on top of blazing surfaces. Part of the late Dale Friend collection - he had a wonderful eye and you could see why he put this coin away.

I miss Dale. 

That is an awesome 1823 Facelifter! Congrats and very happy for you!
  • edited June 2022

• edited June 2022

• edited June 2022

• The real truth is that the subject of this heads coin was originally in the collection of the renowned dealer Richard Burdick.
  • 1823 PCGS CAC MS66 that brought 70k! in Legend's PCGS NOLA sale. Drop dead amazing color on top of blazing surfaces. Part of the late Dale Friend collection - he had a wonderful eye and you could see why he put this coin away. I miss Dale. 
    Congratulations on the gorgeous new acquisition!
  • I attended Dale Friend's memorial last Sunday in Lake Tahoe. It was quite clear he touched a lot of people. His son had these "Dale Friend" coins made for his birthday and passed them out. Very cool. Its going in my special box.

On another note, I recently submitted (on behalf of a buddy) to CAC an 1894 Barber Half PCGS graded MS65 with Dale's pedigree on the holder. I received it days before his memorial. It earned a GOLD sticker. I am sure Dale's spirt is laughing about this!

• I attended Dale Friend's memorial last Sunday in Lake Tahoe. It was quite clear he touched a lot of people. His son had these "Dale Friend" coins made for his birthday and passed them out. Very cool. Its going in my special box. On another note, I recently submitted (on behalf of a buddy) to CAC an 1894 Barber Half PCGS graded MS65 with Dale's pedigree on the holder. I received it days before his memorial. It earned a GOLD sticker. I am sure Dale's spirt is laughing about this!

That’s a great story all the way around .  Thank you for sharing.   Sorry for your loss , that goes for all of you that knew Dale . 
  • I would have liked to know or meet Dale Friend. Seems like a really great guy from the video. What was his profession? Was he a coin dealer or just a great collector with another line of work.
  • edited June 2022
    JohnTCoin said:

I would have liked to know or meet Dale Friend. Seems like a really great guy from the video. What was his profession? Was he a coin dealer or just a great collector with another line of work.

Dale was an attorney, an extremely discerning and enthusiastic collector and a pleasure to know and visit with.
  • Dale was a gem of a guy. He is the only personal injury lawyer I really ever liked and considered him a friend.
  • MarkFeld said:
    I would have liked to know or meet Dale Friend. Seems like a really great guy from the video. What was his profession? Was he a coin dealer or just a great collector with another line of work.
    Dale was an attorney, an extremely discerning and enthusiastic collector and a pleasure to know and visit with.
    MarkFeld said:
        He lived his life in a way that people will miss him and continue to speak well of him into the future .  Apparently he left his mark and a positive one at that .