The Most Important Subject for All CAC Dealers — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The Most Important Subject for All CAC Dealers

Food. Most of we CAC dealers are not on the thin side, so eating it is definitely one of our greatest pleasures. We need delicious and thus unhealthy fast food fast to fuel us while we quickly traverse the rugged countryside to endure bloody battles for CAC bargains.

The buck stops at Popeyes. Best chicken. Best fried shrimp. Best flounder. Best fries. Best biscuits. Best Cajun rice. Best mac and cheese. Best coleslaw. Best mashed potatoes. Best gravy. And the very best side dish available anywhere, red beans and rice.

Popeyes are everywhere that CAC dealers are. Airports. Train stations. Convention centers. Rest stops. Your neighborhood. I even saw one at Walmart (do not pretend that you do not shop there. Everyone does).

Popeyes has the four main food groups: grease, salt, fat, and chicken.

I was seriously going to buy a suburban franchise in consideration of buying several until I learned that the annual net profit per store is as little as $50,000. Holy Chicken Little, I thought the coin business was tough.

But one day I will die and go to Popeye's.

Comments

• Never been there... thx for the recco. I think.
  • How much was the Endorsement Check from Popeyes for this Drive-By?
  • Brought to you by the friendly folks at Lipitor
  • john said:

How much was the Endorsement Check from Popeyes for this Drive-By?

Popeyes need not pay me. They are that good.

Try them, then get back to us.

• Popeye’s, more specifically the spicy version, is the best ‘whole piece’ chicken from a national chain that I have tried. Better even than the regional chains in the south. Their Cajun gravy for the mashed potatoes is particularly good.

For an at home choice, Just Bare Chicken Nuggets from Costco are almost identical to Chik Fil A nuggets and my family loves them. Having said that, however, when we started buying them 2 years ago they were $12.99 a bag. Then six months ago they went to $16.99 a bag and the last time we were in Costco, they were $19.99 a bag. We decided they weren’t $20 a bag good, so hope the price recedes in the future.
  • My heart aches, reading that story.
  • the big debate: who has the better chicken sandwich? Popeyes, or Chick a fil?
  • Chik-fil-a gets my vote, I think they put crack in their mayo packets 
    and that honey roasted bbq sauce…….mmmmmm
  • Both are quite good. If I had to pick one for a last meal, it would be Chik-fil-A in terms of sandwiches. Their chicken stands up will with no sauces etc.
  • Chick fil a nuggets are utterly addictive. I have heard that they marinate them in pickle brine before breading and frying.
  • I really love Popeyes but had to stop eating at the Spring Hill FL locale when they shut it down temporarily for a MASSIVE cockroach problem. That was right about the time when they were running the Ghost Pepper Wings
  • Popeyes no longer has Cajun rice available at any of their California franchises which was a favorite of mine.
  • edited June 2022

• Chick-fil-A's success has always been a huge mystery to me. Their chicken sandwiches and nuggets are gristly, smelly, and gross. Their fries look like mini-Eggos but taste like baked cardboard. Their mac and cheese has no taste at all. To add insult to injury, they have the longest waits of any fast food restaurant and charge the highest prices by far.

Chick-fil-A is the anti-Popeye's. Popeye's is Heaven, so you know what that makes Chick-fil-A.
  • CACfan said:

Chick-fil-A's success has always been a huge mystery to me. Their chicken sandwiches and nuggets are gristly, smelly, and gross. Their fries look like mini-Eggos but taste like baked cardboard. Their mac and cheese has no taste at all. To add insult to injury, they have the longest waits of any fast food restaurant and charge the highest prices by far.

Chick-fil-A is the anti-Popeye's. Popeye's is Heaven, so you know what that makes Chick-fil-A.

This is your worst take yet, and that’s saying something.
  • CACfan said:

Chick-fil-A's success has always been a huge mystery to me. Their chicken sandwiches and nuggets are gristly, smelly, and gross. Their fries look like mini-Eggos but taste like baked cardboard. Their mac and cheese has no taste at all. To add insult to injury, they have the longest waits of any fast food restaurant and charge the highest prices by far.

Excuse me for disagreeing with you. I am sure that your takes are always better (sarcasm).

In my city, Chick-fil-A sells expired, rancid chicken. Yuck. And their sides suck in every city.
  • Chick-fil-A's success has always been a huge mystery to me. Their chicken sandwiches and nuggets are gristly, smelly, and gross. Their fries look like mini-Eggos but taste like baked cardboard. Their mac and cheese has no taste at all. To add insult to injury, they have the longest waits of any fast food restaurant and charge the highest prices by far. Chick-fil-A is the anti-Popeye's. Popeye's is Heaven, so you know what that makes Chick-fil-A.

Yes it is !!!  I completely agree with you .

I’ve never seen any Chik fil A that has been anything but super clean with real good food offered up in very clean environment by very polite employees .

Unfortunately the Popeyes I’ve eaten at was filthy , the employees looked high , service was non existent and the food rather nasty . 
  • edited June 2022
    It must depend on the location. Our local Chik-fil-A uses chicken that expired weeks ago. Yuck. And their staff is lower class. Conversely, our nearby Popeye's uses only fresh birds and exclusively employs the middle class. But I have definitely seen Popeye's stores that match your description.
  • skier07 said:

Popeyes no longer has Cajun rice available at any of their California franchises which was a favorite of mine.

It is back!

• https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/chick-fil-a-is-us-favorite-restaurant-for-the-8th-time/

Note where Popeyes ranks based on survey of 20,000 + customers.