First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set

I finished my St. Gaudens $20 CAC set. It's the first ever complete set of all CAC saints as far as I know!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/gold/20-gold-major-sets/st-gaudens-20-gold-major-varieties-circulation-strikes-1907-1932-cac/7613

Half Dome, your move. :D

Comments

• Impressive. Good on you.

Mr. Savage up next...well, sooner or later.
  • Awesome- congratulations! Show off a little- show us your 27-D!
  • edited June 2022
    Here's a TrueView. It's the Eliasberg MS 66+ CAC.
  • To note, Elite has mentioned on the NGC forum that he also owns the only legal 33 so in that context his Saint set can never be beat.
  • To note, Elite has mentioned on the NGC forum that he also owns the only legal 33 so in that context his Saint set can never be beat.

That's true. PCGS doesn't include the 1933 in their CAC Saints registry set, but it's arguably needed for a true complete set.
  • That’s beautiful- congratulations again and thanks for sharing! That’s quite an achievement and takes a lot of commitment. Would love to see what else your collecting passions have driven you to acquire! 
  • congratulations for the amazing collection!
  • edited June 2022
    Wow that’s amazing !  Congratulations on putting together such an awesome set.  

Now will you retire the set and sell me the ‘27 ?!!  🤓😂

Elite , so you’re the one !   🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

It’d be kind of cool if PCGS would let you add the ‘33 to the set officially by making a spot for it .  Just an idea …

Thanks for sharing 

P.S.   Hope you post the pictures on PCGS registry .  🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Ok. I nominate the Elite collection for the CAC HOF!
  • "That’s quite an achievement and takes a lot of commitment" AND MONEY!!!! He blew everyone away to realize his goals.

Great set.

Enjoy #1 for now!!!!!!! :-)
  • edited June 2022
    Legend said:
    "That’s quite an achievement and takes a lot of commitment" AND MONEY!!!! He blew everyone away to realize his goals. Great set. Enjoy #1 for now!!!!!!! :-)

Let me make it clearer for you to understand.

No one ever said it was the finest all best set in the world of all time .  

It was simply stated that it is the first complete CAC certified Saint set .   That’s all , nothing more .   And Elite will always be the First one to do so .  That can never be taken away .   Capice ??

• edited June 2022
    @Legend To respond to your original post before you edited it, yes I do know that Simpson and the other guy with multiple UHRs have saint sets that are much better than my set right now. And they have not sent their coins in to CAC. I'm sure many of their coins will CAC because they have an eye for good quality, but I would bet that not all of their coins will CAC. For example, I'm pretty sure that the 1927D MS 67 won't get a CAC sticker. Like @Vincent.Savage said, my set will forever be the first complete CAC saints set and that's pretty cool.

My set is far from the finest saints set, which belongs to either Simpson or the other guy. I have my eyes set on that, and it's not impossible because eventually they will sell their set. :)
  • Go get’em Elite! I don’t own a single saint (yet), but I love your attitude!
  • I think there's other accomplishments with this set as well - the first single person in 75+ years to own a complete Saint set including the 1933. Not to mention, doing it so quickly.

Congrats Mr. Elite.

- Ian
  • Congratulations on a lofty accomplishment. You have clearly put together a great set. 

Now please publish it so we can actually take a look at the coins!
  • Yes, an all CAC set of Saints is pretty cool. If people saw how many "bad" saints, there are then they would understand why CAC is so important
  • "Never stop selling".

Karl Sakas.
  • Congratulations! Show us your 1921. My favorite year.
  • Perhaps just an aside, but making the set public would benefit admirers. If keeping things  non public matters ( and it could ) then the link is unnecessary 
  • edited July 2022
    Perhaps just an aside, but making the set public would benefit admirers. If keeping things  non public matters ( and it could ) then the link is unnecessary 
    I was thinking the same.  There seems to be very fierce competition in the registry sets! If someone is looking to upgrade or another set is missing a coin I am not sure if making it public would help or hurt someone else's cause?

A complete cac set would be amazing to see!!