Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade?

edited July 2022 in Grading

Pretty MS 63. Am I missing something or is coin  undergraded or did PCGS mean to insert a MS 64-65 label.  I Can’t believe coin is so nice and clean. Should I submit to CAC for possible gold sticker or try for PCGS regrade. Any thoughts or opinions? Here is photo of coin in hand first, and than the online photos 

Comments

• I see nothing amazing about it. And I think this is the third thread you’ve started about this coin. Enough, already with your multi-thread posts about the same coins.
  • edited July 2022
    MarkFeld said:
    I see nothing amazing about it. And I think this is the third thread you’ve started about this coin. Enough, already with your multi-thread posts about the same coins.
    I hope to prove you wrong with a gold sticker.This is 100% going to CAC.  We will see. I think you are overreacting to the number of threads 2 of which were deleted Unfortunately I should have waited to receive the coin first before posting to avoid extra threads. You are taking it out on the coin which is beautiful looking and unusually clean for MS 63. Show me another 63 that’s it’s equal.
  • Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

I see nothing amazing about it. And I think this is the third thread you’ve started about this coin. Enough, already with your multi-thread posts about the same coins.

I hope to prove you wrong with a gold sticker.This is 100% going to CAC.  We will see. I think you are overreacting to the number of threads 2 of which were deleted Unfortunately I should have waited to receive the coin first before posting to avoid extra threads. You are taking it out on the coin which is beautiful looking and unusually clean for MS 63. Show me another 63 that’s it’s equal.

I’m glad you removed the word “amazing” from the thread title. The coin didn’t look that or special to me in any way when I saw pictures of it in the previous two threads, either. Regardless of what grade or color of sticker it might receive, it’s ordinary looking.

I hope you have fun spending money on regrading and/or stickering attempts.
  • MarkFeld said:
    MarkFeld said:
    I’m glad you removed the word “amazing” from the thread title. The coin didn’t look that or special to me in any way when I saw pictures of it in the previous two threads, either. Regardless of what grade or color of sticker it might receive, it’s ordinary looking. I hope you have fun spending money on regrading and/or stickering attempts.
    The word amazing was used because it is only a MS 63. You are insulting to the coin and me by calling it ordinary. Your taste in eye appeal is lacking if a 63 like this is ordinary. My money will be well spent stickering the coin. Just because you don’t personally like me doesn’t mean you have to degrade a very attractive MS 63, as most 63 coins are dull dark dogs you see on the internet.
  • edited July 2022
    If a coin is under-graded - as you think or hope this one is - that doesn’t make it “amazing”.

To me, as a color-free example, regardless of its grade, it looks ordinary.

I don’t know you, so I don’t dislike or like you.
  • edited July 2022
    MarkFeld said:
    If a coin is under-graded - as you think or hope this one is - that doesn’t make it “amazing”. To me, as a color-free example, regardless of its grade, it looks ordinary. I don’t know you, so I don’t dislike or like you.
    I understand but it is lustrous, pretty mark free and is lightly toned, with some peripheral color toning on the obverse rim, lightly golden. Reverse has more edge toning slightly darker gold. I see it in hand and it is definitely not an only white coin. . You can see that in my 2 top photos compared to the bottom 2 file photos. Pretty accents of toning but not amazing toning. Still a super pretty 63. No hard feelings. All the best.
  • Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

If a coin is under-graded - as you think or hope this one is - that doesn’t make it “amazing”.

To me, as a color-free example, regardless of its grade, it looks ordinary.

I don’t know you, so I don’t dislike or like you.

I understand but it is lustrous, pretty mark free and is lightly toned, with some peripheral color toning on the obverse rim, lightly golden. Reverse has more edge toning slightly darker gold. I see it in hand and it is definitely not an only white coin. . You can see that in my 2 top photos compared to the bottom 2 file photos. Pretty accents of toning but not amazing toning. Still a super pretty 63. No hard feelings. All the best.

Best of luck and enjoyment with it.
  • This commemorative design is a personal favorite, but your coin is generic and bland in appearance. I see nothing that warrants CAC to apply their gold sticker.
  • Catbert said:
    This commemorative design is a personal favorite, but your coin is generic and bland in appearance. I see nothing that warrants CAC to apply their gold sticker.
    Eye appeal is in the eye of the beholder. As you know CAC is mostly about technical grading and clean surfaces and not so much  about eye appeal. I think the coin is certainly mark free enough to get a 64.5 or better rating for the gold label.. I will post you the results of the CAC submission. 
  • Most of the gold stickered CAC coins I've seen have a high eye appeal factor.
  • edited July 2022
    The CAC Gold pop report indicates 7 coins with one at the 63 level. Good luck!

Here's a 64 Gold in an old NGC holder:

https://worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1936-bay-bridge-half-dollar-silver-3759359570

And another:

https://worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1936-bay-bridge-pcgs-ogh-ms64-gold-1932162524
  • edited July 2022
    Catbert said:
    The CAC Gold pop report indicates 7 coins with one at the 63 level. Good luck! Here's a 64 Gold in an old NGC holder: https://worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1936-bay-bridge-half-dollar-silver-3759359570 And another: https://worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1936-bay-bridge-pcgs-ogh-ms64-gold-1932162524
    Thanks for your feedback. I really don’t have experience with grading commemoratives. But this coin looks awfully clean and attractive in my eyes for a MS 63 compared to other coins I see advertised. Are commeratives graded stricter than regular circulating halves?Thats what I assume. I will follow up with you after CAC. 
  • Catbert said:
    The CAC Gold pop report indicates 7 coins with one at the 63 level. Good luck! Here's a 64 Gold in an old NGC holder: https://worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1936-bay-bridge-half-dollar-silver-3759359570 And another: https://worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1936-bay-bridge-pcgs-ogh-ms64-gold-1932162524
    Check this out from GC archives. Coin looks very clean but dull white, not as nice as mine in terms of eye appeal. What do you think?

• Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.
  • What you see as dullness, others might describe as thick, frosty original skin. My thought is that this could be because one coin was dipped more often and more aggressively, and the other not. And that characteristic is a separate consideration from contact marks. You prefer coins with original appearance, as do many. Others prefer coins that are relatively unmolested, which rarely look showroom new.
  • MarkFeld said:
    Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.
    There is no argument just a back and forth friendly discussion. I am simply replying to some of their opinions.
  • Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.

There is no argument just a back and forth friendly discussion. I am simply replying to some of their opinions.

You’ve already made your opinions of your coin well known. Yet, you keep talking it up, each time someone posts about it.
  • MarkFeld said:
    MarkFeld said:
    You’ve already made your opinions of your coin well known. Yet, you keep talking it up, each time someone posts about it.
    Sorry some of it comes from my ocd brain 
  • Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Sorry some of it comes from my ocd brain 

Thank you for letting us know and in that case, I’ll stop giving you a hard time.

I do hope that you can enjoy your coins without worrying about all of the stuff such as grades, re-grades, stickers, what others think, etc. It’s what YOU like that matters.
This discussion has been closed.