Coin World vs. Numismatic News — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Coin World vs. Numismatic News

Vote for your favorite. I vote for CW.

Both are must-have publications for any serious collector or dealer, chock full of current info about everything numismatic. But I have always felt that NN's articles tend to be more interesting. Yet, CW's ads pull better, dollar for dollar. Both publications have gone CAC crazy, re:ads that heavily push CAC coins and articles that report about them.

Does anyone even refer to CW Trends now? CW has not even called their price guide "Trends" since 2002 (an inexplicably bad move on CW's part, given the widespread acceptance of the brand name). And I have never heard a collector or dealer refer to NN's version of Trends, so I am unsure about why it is even published.

Comments

• I tend to believe that coin world is more popular, at least the magazine in general. For  Price guides I go elsewhere 
  • I religiously have subscribed and read both for roughly 50 years. I remember, possibly in the 70’s, when CW was so thick, heavy and large from all of the ads. I like them both equally. Like most people my age, I only subscribe to the print version. I don’t do well with digital reading of magazines.

Steve
  • Same here @Winesteven although haven’t subscribed to NN. Got to have my daily WSJ in print too.
  • I'm glad Heritage went digital with "The Intelligent Collector."
    I had people looking at my coffee table and asking, "You collect purses?"

;)
  • Pyrite said:
    I'm glad Heritage went digital with "The Intelligent Collector." I had people looking at my coffee table and asking, "You collect purses?" ;)
    Some of that rock-n-roll memorabilia looks fun to collect.