CAC Resticker — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC Resticker

Assume you own a coin in a recent PCGS MS63 holder with no CAC sticker. You know that the coin was sold in past auctions in an older PCGS MS63 holder with a green CAC sticker. A previous owner had apparently cracked it out and resubmitted it to PCGS since the older cert number is still in the system. They lost the gamble and did not get the upgrade. Would it be guaranteed a green sticker if the coin was sent to CAC with proof of the prior sticker?

Comments

• No guarantee it will sticker again. Anything could have happened to the coin when it got cracked out of its holder. The coin would need to be reevaluated. That being said it would not hurt to provide photos before and after for them to reference.
  • hbarbee said:

Assume you own a coin in a recent PCGS MS63 holder with no CAC sticker. You know that the coin was sold in past auctions in an older PCGS MS63 holder with a green CAC sticker. A previous owner had apparently cracked it out and resubmitted it to PCGS since the older cert number is still in the system. They lost the gamble and did not get the upgrade. Would it be guaranteed a green sticker if the coin was sent to CAC with proof of the prior sticker?

Yes, assuming that you have clear photos of the coin in the old holder and the coin has not deteriorated in any way. I have resubmitted many coins this way with a 100% re-sticker rate. CAC will delete the old serial number from their database.
  • Thanks for the inputs. I will update this thread after I am able to do this.
  • I do not like to gamble.