Kearny, NJ Post Office Delays - It's Not Personal, JA. — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Kearny, NJ Post Office Delays - It's Not Personal, JA.

edited November 2022 in General
Hi CAC Forum,

My last several CAC returns have languished in the Kearny, NJ post office long enough to owe rent. My expectation for Registered Mail transit time is quite realistic but I find the longest part of the trip seems to be a leisurely stop in Kearny.

I reached out to Michelle at CAC on my September return but of course, she could only commiserate with my dilemma. I also tried contacting the Kearny Post Office directly. I think one can guess how productive a use of time that was....

My reason for posting is to try to understand if my packages are being singled out because I forgot to gift my mailperson during the holidays or if this experience sounds familiar to other forum members.

Here is the status of my current returns:

Six Days in Kearny:

Four Days in Kearny:

Tim

Comments

• A postal worker once shared this URL with me (click “where is my package?”) and fill out the form.  She said they are required to respond.  https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

I fill it out as soon as anything abnormal occurs during shipment.  It at least gets a human taking 5 minutes of their day to take a glance at it and the results have been very favorable with the package usually scanning the following day. 
  • I have only lost two coin packages out of hundreds in my life. Both disappeared into black holes in Kearny, never to be heard from again. This post office has a well earned reputation.
  • Thanks @circulatedcameo and @Frank_Kate. I'm not (or at least I wasn't) as concerned about them being lost as I was trying to understand why this particular PO is so slow with their processing. I will move forward with the postal url.

Thanks,

Tim
  • Last week, my shipment spent six lovely days in Kearney.
  • PonyUp said:
    Last week, my shipment spent six lovely days in Kearney.
    Ouch.  Now I’m starting to lose faith.  

I’m hoping if enough of us have similar experiences, perhaps John or the @CAC_Team could have a chat with local postmaster.

Tim
  • Typical. Meanwhile, the Bedminster NJ Post Office is still refusing to service our account! :(
  • Hi CAC Forum, My last several CAC returns have languished in the Kearny, NJ post office long enough to owe rent. My expectation for Registered Mail transit time is quite realistic but I find the longest part of the trip seems to be a leisurely stop in Kearny. I reached out to Michelle at CAC on my September return but of course, she could only commiserate with my dilemma. I also tried contacting the Kearny Post Office directly. I think one can guess how productive a use of time that was.... My reason for posting is to try to understand if my packages are being singled out because I forgot to gift my mailperson during the holidays or if this experience sounds familiar to other forum members. Here is the status of my current returns: Six Days in Kearny: Four Days in Kearny: Tim
    Idk why but every time I sign up for text alerts on registered packages they stop moving about 5 days. If I don't sign up they move right along 
  • edited October 2022
    JACAC said:
    Typical. Meanwhile, the Bedminster NJ Post Office is still refusing to service our account! :(

Absolutely ridiculous !    Bunch of lazy primadonnas .    I wish they’d privatize the postal service and do away with Fed benefits .

Make it a for profit company and watch how much CS improves !   

JA, I’ll give you a shout most likely tomorrow.

I didn’t want to get you beginning of the week when you might be swamped.  Talk soon 
  • JACAC said:
    Typical. Meanwhile, the Bedminster NJ Post Office is still refusing to service our account! :(
    Thanks JA.  Perhaps you should consider consolidating your operations in a tax AND post office friendly state like Virginia.  My cross country shipments from DLRC arrive in less time than my CAC returns sit idly in Kearny.

• How to greatly speed up Registered Mail deliveries:

1. Have the sender use a GIGANTIC box. Postal employees hate having space hogs in their safes, locked cages, locked offices, locked vehicles, and everywhere else that Registered Mail is stored.

2. If not delivered in seven days, complete a Help Request Form, which always speeds up deliveries for my firm.

Be sure to add Signature Confirmation because it is not included with Registered Mail (the included signature is internal only and not accepted by some online shopping sites such as Ebay).
  • Hi CAC Forum,

My last several CAC returns have languished in the Kearny, NJ post office long enough to owe rent. My expectation for Registered Mail transit time is quite realistic but I find the longest part of the trip seems to be a leisurely stop in Kearny.

I reached out to Michelle at CAC on my September return but of course, she could only commiserate with my dilemma. I also tried contacting the Kearny Post Office directly. I think one can guess how productive a use of time that was....

My reason for posting is to try to understand if my packages are being singled out because I forgot to gift my mailperson during the holidays or if this experience sounds familiar to other forum members.

Here is the status of my current returns:

Six Days in Kearny:

Four Days in Kearny:

Tim

My last Registered Mail shipment to CAC got there overnight from about 100 miles away through a very densely populated route. But CAC's return shipment to me took nine days!
  • CACfan said:

How to greatly speed up Registered Mail deliveries:

1. Have the sender use a GIGANTIC box. Postal employees hate having space hogs in their safes, locked cages, locked offices, locked vehicles, and everywhere else that Registered Mail is stored.

2. If not delivered in seven days, complete a Help Request Form, which always speeds up deliveries for my firm.

Be sure to add Signature Confirmation because it is not included with Registered Mail (the included signature is internal only and not accepted by some online shopping sites such as Ebay).

Thanks for the tip, @CACfan. I hope the @CAC_Team is listening to your first point. I have started the "Where's My Package" process this morning. You might get a kick out of the highlighted comment below:

Tim
  • CACfan said:

How to greatly speed up Registered Mail deliveries:

Thanks for the tip, @CACfan. I hope the @CAC_Team is listening to your first point. I have started the "Where's My Package" process this morning. You might get a kick out of the highlighted comment below:

Tim
    For best results, complete an online Help Request Form seven days after the mailing date. A Missing Mail Search Request is much less effective in my experience.

The postal clerks at my post office have said that I am the only person who sends Registered Mail and they are dumbfounded as to why I even use it given the expected long delivery delays. But as noted in my prior post, there are ways to greatly reduce transit time.
  • Thanks @CACfan - looks like I will have to wait for the "Find My Package" inquiry to run its course before I can start the Help Request Form:

• Thanks @CACfan - looks like I will have to wait for the "Find My Package" inquiry to run its course before I can start the Help Request Form:

I almost forgot, file an online Help Request Form every three days (minimum 72 hours) until delivery occurs. Postal employees despise these because it means extra work for them, but they are effective at reducing transit times.
  • Great Collections ( Irvine , California ) just sent me my winning bid of Sunday night.  

Shipped Monday and sitting on my desk today !   ( Hour north of Tampa , Florida ) less than 24 hours across the country 

Our post office has sent drivers out again when they get back from finishing their route , to bring me packages that had just missed the route by coming in a little late .

What a great post office we have .   
  • What postal code do you reside in, @Vincent.Savage? I may start house hunting tonight.

I'm sure GC uses Priority Mail, as does DLRC. This is a much faster service than Registered Mail but the insurance is much more expensive and limited to $5K per parcel unless they use a third party.

If the @CAC_Team is listening, perhaps self insuring and using Priority Mail would be a much more effective option. After all, the carrier's service is often seen as an extension of vendor experience.

I'm also aware we have the option of selecting another carrier (Fed Ex, for example) with our own account number but I do not ship frequently enough to justify my own account.

Tim
  • They just refuse to service our account, we have to go to the next town over where the Post office welcomes our business 
  • JACAC said:

They just refuse to service our account, we have to go to the next town over where the Post office welcomes our business 

Understood JA. My suspicion (and definitely not a defense) is your local PO is reluctant to deal with the quantity of labor intensive Registered Mail packages you ship on a daily basis. Unless you have your own meter at CAC that I'm not aware of. Watching my local PO prepare a single Registered Mail parcel is like stepping back in time 50 years.

Tim
  • JACAC said:

They just refuse to service our account, we have to go to the next town over where the Post office welcomes our business 

You need to complain to higher ups.