Lets see your green or gold beaned Lincoln cent coins! - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Lets see your green or gold beaned Lincoln cent coins!

Comments

• This thread has been rather quiet so here is another from my collection.  As before my simple slab photo and a composite of photos taken by Mark Goodman.

• looking for a better one
  • edited January 2022
    not bad 66 rb
  • 1913-S PCGS MS66RB CAC. (For sale, FWIW.)
    Lance.

• @wheat outstanding Lincolns

@Ikeigwin sweet 13-s. I thought you got out of the Lincoln game when you sold your set a while back (an impressive one at that)....
  • Not really my specialty.  I was at a dealer in Milwaukee, the guy's Grandfather was the original owner.  He had an album of Lincolns in the safe from Gramps, and a couple caught my eye.  I asked what he wanted for the whole album, and we made a deal.

There was a 1909-S RD in there that ended up paying for the entire thing.  This one was net FREE to me.

PCGS MS66RB, Green CAC:

• These 2 were also net Free to me from the same album.

PCGS MS67+RD, Green CAC:

PCGS MS67+RD, Green CAC:

• I would never have sent the later two in, but thought I had a chance at top pop with both.  Almost did it!
  • Russy said:
    @wheat outstanding Lincolns

@Ikeigwin sweet 13-s. I thought you got out of the Lincoln game when you sold your set a while back (an impressive one at that)....
    Thanks for remembering, @Russy. Yes, I consigned my small cents to Andy Skrabalak (Angel Dee's). He has done a remarkable job upgrading and selling. This 13-S is the last PCGS/CAC upgraded and now for sale.

Apologies for the self-serving post.
    Lance.
  • Recently back from CAC Gold. Amazing luster.

• Some really nice coins all, it has been a few weeks between posts so I'll give this bump

• Green CAC MS65RB

Gold CAC MS65RB

• Here is my only one. It's also one of the most challenging coins I've ever tried to photograph. I still can't get an image that represents it in hand.

• jtlee321 said:

Here is my only one. It's also one of the most challenging coins I've ever tried to photograph. I still can't get an image that represents it in hand.

I know the issue you are having, my 09 S/horz S has that same type of tone and I never was able to get a photo that was decent. Mark Goodman nailed it for me or I would still be trying.
  • This is the best I've got at the moment, but I just bought a nice 1972 DDO. That's my birth year, so, had to have it. I will post it soon.
  • JohnTCoin said:
    This is the best I've got at the moment, but I just bought a nice 1972 DDO. That's my birth year, so, had to have it. I will post it soon.
    That 1909 looks like a really nice coin! I like it.